Lovely Lady Layla has nominated me for the Liebster Award. What is a Liebster anyway? Is this one of those things where there is no such thing as a dumb question, but now I’ve actually asked a dumb question?
Let’s get on with the award etiquette. I haven’t been able to accept awards in quite a while, because I haven’t had the time. Since I have no other blog posts scheduled, the award timing is just right. Thank you, Lovely Lady Layla.
1) Thank the person who nominated me and link back to their site (Done)
2) Post 11 random things about myself
3) Answer 11 questions that Layla has for me
4) Ask my nominees 11 questions of my own! (My questions pose challenges to you bloggers, are you up for it?)
I’ve never been crazy about writing blogs that are expressly about me, but this is what the award etiquette calls for. So, it’s time to reveal 22 things about me.
1) I don’t drink coffee. I don’t care for its aftertaste.
2) I drink fresh brewed teas from the tea shop Teavana.
3) I despise most reality shows, but I do watch one that is my guilty pleasure. Survivor.
4) I love buttered popcorn and often eat it during the show Survivor.
5) I absolutely love the TV show Once upon a Time.
6) I’m afraid to fly.
7) I cuss a little too often, and I sound like the exorcist if I stub my toe or bump my elbow.
8) If I haven’t laughed at least once by the end of the each day, I watch one of my two favorite sitcoms on DVD (Dick Van Dyke Show or Everybody Loves Raymond) so I can have one good laugh before I go to sleep.
9) I’m not a girly-girl in one respect, because I don’t like chick-flicks, I enjoy watching sports, and I hate to shop.
10) I am a girly-girl in another respect, because I love costume jewelry, I’m vain about my hair and makeup, and I get sentimental at a heartwarming commercial.
11) I used Dragon Naturally Speaking to type this blog.
Questions to answer from Layla:
1. What’s your greatest source of inspiration?
My first dog and soul mate, Paisano/Piezon. He inspired me when he was alive, and all I need do is think of him to be inspired again.
2. What was the best time of your life so far?
I’d say, the year I turned forty I was at my healthiest, felt the best physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
3. Have you ever bunjy jumped or sky-dived? Would you?
No, no, and no.
4. Favorite animal.
5. Movie you could watch over and over again.
There are a many of these. For now, I will name the comedies. Arthur, Bruce Almighty, Bedazzled, Defending Your Life, It’s a Wonderful Life. Do you notice a running theme in most of these movies?
6. Cats or dogs?
7. What did you wanna be when you grew up?
An actress/actor, a writer, or a therapist/social worker.
8. If you could have lunch with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
Either one of these two: Cesar Milan, the dog whisperer, or Phil Rosenthal, the creator and writer of my favorite TV show.
9. Which was your favorite Oscar movie?
Not really into the Oscars. Don’t know anything about them.
10. Morning person or night owl?
11. Do you believe in ghosts?
Most of the blogs I follow and would love to nominate, don’t really participate in awards. However, those of you on my blog roll titled Brilliant Blogs I Discovered, are now my nominees. There are many others I’ve gotten to know and thought I’d add a few more.
Feel free to join in on the award if you are so inclined and/or have the time. It’s up to you, but you nominees are award winners in my book. There are others, but I’ve got to end this blog post somewhere. Besides the 11 random things, here are some questions for you to reveal things about you. My questions gradually get a little more difficult/personal. Do you dare take the challenge?
1) What is your guilty pleasure television show?
2) Do you read e-book, hard copy, or both?
3) Do you exercise, and if so, what exercise do you do?
4) What is your favorite food that is not sweets?
5) What is your favorite type of music?
6) Have you ever done anything out of your comfort zone, and if so, what was it?
7) Do you have one regret you could share? If yes, what is it?
8) If you could have lunch with anyone who is alive, who would it be?
9) If you could have lunch with any fictional character, who would it be?
10) If you had an all-expense paid trip to one place anywhere in the world, where would it be?
11) If you won a half a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would buy?