Lovely Lady Layla has nominated me for the Liebster Award. What is a Liebster anyway? Is this one of those things where there is no such thing as a dumb question, but now I’ve actually asked a dumb question?
Let’s get on with the award etiquette. I haven’t been able to accept awards in quite a while, because I haven’t had the time. Since I have no other blog posts scheduled, the award timing is just right. Thank you, Lovely Lady Layla.
1) Thank the person who nominated me and link back to their site (Done)
2) Post 11 random things about myself
3) Answer 11 questions that Layla has for me
4) Ask my nominees 11 questions of my own! (My questions pose challenges to you bloggers, are you up for it?)
I’ve never been crazy about writing blogs that are expressly about me, but this is what the award etiquette calls for. So, it’s time to reveal 22 things about me.
1) I don’t drink coffee. I don’t care for its aftertaste.
2) I drink fresh brewed teas from the tea shop Teavana.
3) I despise most reality shows, but I do watch one that is my guilty pleasure. Survivor.
4) I love buttered popcorn and often eat it during the show Survivor.
5) I absolutely love the TV show Once upon a Time.
6) I’m afraid to fly.
7) I cuss a little too often, and I sound like the exorcist if I stub my toe or bump my elbow.
8) If I haven’t laughed at least once by the end of the each day, I watch one of my two favorite sitcoms on DVD (Dick Van Dyke Show or Everybody Loves Raymond) so I can have one good laugh before I go to sleep.
9) I’m not a girly-girl in one respect, because I don’t like chick-flicks, I enjoy watching sports, and I hate to shop.
10) I am a girly-girl in another respect, because I love costume jewelry, I’m vain about my hair and makeup, and I get sentimental at a heartwarming commercial.
11) I used Dragon Naturally Speaking to type this blog.
Questions to answer from Layla:
1. What’s your greatest source of inspiration?
My first dog and soul mate, Paisano/Piezon. He inspired me when he was alive, and all I need do is think of him to be inspired again.
2. What was the best time of your life so far?
I’d say, the year I turned forty I was at my healthiest, felt the best physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
3. Have you ever bunjy jumped or sky-dived? Would you?
No, no, and no.
4. Favorite animal.
5. Movie you could watch over and over again.
There are a many of these. For now, I will name the comedies. Arthur, Bruce Almighty, Bedazzled, Defending Your Life, It’s a Wonderful Life. Do you notice a running theme in most of these movies?
6. Cats or dogs?
7. What did you wanna be when you grew up?
An actress/actor, a writer, or a therapist/social worker.
8. If you could have lunch with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
Either one of these two: Cesar Milan, the dog whisperer, or Phil Rosenthal, the creator and writer of my favorite TV show.
9. Which was your favorite Oscar movie?
Not really into the Oscars. Don’t know anything about them.
10. Morning person or night owl?
11. Do you believe in ghosts?
Most of the blogs I follow and would love to nominate, don’t really participate in awards. However, those of you on my blog roll titled Brilliant Blogs I Discovered, are now my nominees. There are many others I’ve gotten to know and thought I’d add a few more.
The Write Transition
Tales of a Charm City Chick
Feel free to join in on the award if you are so inclined and/or have the time. It’s up to you, but you nominees are award winners in my book. There are others, but I’ve got to end this blog post somewhere. Besides the 11 random things, here are some questions for you to reveal things about you. My questions gradually get a little more difficult/personal. Do you dare take the challenge?
1) What is your guilty pleasure television show?
2) Do you read e-book, hard copy, or both?
3) Do you exercise, and if so, what exercise do you do?
4) What is your favorite food that is not sweets?
5) What is your favorite type of music?
6) Have you ever done anything out of your comfort zone, and if so, what was it?
7) Do you have one regret you could share? If yes, what is it?
8) If you could have lunch with anyone who is alive, who would it be?
9) If you could have lunch with any fictional character, who would it be?
10) If you had an all-expense paid trip to one place anywhere in the world, where would it be?
11) If you won a half a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would buy?
25 thoughts on “Revealing Me”
Survivor! Yes!! Sports, yep. Not a girly-girl, uh-huh! Me too. And I love that you use Dragon. I have it at work and help people learn how to use it, but I don’t use it much for my own writing. Sometimes I use the Dragon Dictate app to get something jotted down while getting ready for work. Congrats on the award!
I am a girly-girl when it comes to vanity. Unfortunately, things are starting to sag. 😛 I don’t use Dragon to edit my work. I only use it to write when my tennis/mouse elbow starts acting up (pain). I haven’t met anyone else who likes Survivor. Nice to meet you too, Arlene. Thanks for coming over here and commenting.
Nice blog post, Lori. Congratulations on your Liebster award. I have seen that before but didn’t know much about it. It was fun reading your answers and seeing the pic of you at 40. As for it being spring, I am not convinced. Please send some of that spring weather northwards if you can…
Heya, Kathy, nice to see you back. It’s not spring where I live, it’s the dog days of summer already. When I grew up in Chicago, I do not remember snow in April. You really live up there in the frozen tundra.
Now that you’re back, if you get a chance, I’d love for you to check out a blog post of mine that you missed. It’s just a little something that I think you and I have in common.
I hope you had a nice time in Florida. Hopefully spring is not too far away for you.
These are always fun to read. It’s amazing how much you can learn about a person through their blog and still not know everything. I never would have guessed that you’re a cusser! (I am too, but mostly while driving and yelling at people who can’t hear me.)
Love your list of movies. Many of them are ones I love to watch too.
Thank you for the nomination! Life has taken all kinds of unexpected twists the last few days, beginning when my husband’s computer decided to take its final breath. This is a new one for me, so I’ll do an acceptance post as soon as I can.
Oh no, those darn hairpin turns of life. It’s like the photo of the lane on Lori’s lane…uphill and twisty. Take your time and I hope all is smoothing out for you as I type this.
Please don’t get me wrong for saying this Lori – but looking at that photograph, my you’re one good looking lady 🙂
How can anyone take a compliment wrong, Eric? Thank you. 🙂 Like I said, that was when I felt my healthiest physically, spiritually and mentally, which expresses outward. Don’t feel as healthy these days, and I’m a bit older now. 😛
I got this Liebster Award some time ago. We broiled it in garlic butter. Delicious.
Garlic butter must get out the fishy taste, huh, Carl? 😉 Thanks for stopping by.
Congratulations! 😉 xoxoM
Thank you, Ms. M.
Congratulations 🙂 I’ve also wondered what is a Liebster [Award], and I’d love to have lunch with Cesar Milan 🙂
Thanks for reading and for the congrats, EllaDee.
Very interesting post, Lori. We have a lot of things in common.
Lots in common could be why we found each other’s blogs. Thanks for reading, Anneli.
*Clap Clap Clap* Awesome! Great answers 😀
Thumbs up! Thanks, Layla.
Thank you so much for the award nod! I believe I have this one, but the recognition is always appreciated. 🙂
Reading these things about you, I see we have much in common. I don’t like coffee, but I love tea. I love, love, love, popcorn. Next to chocolate, it’s my biggest vice. I don’t like shopping, and I don’t like reality TV. And I will never bungy jump or skydive…
Hi Carrie. We have chocolate in common too. I prefer dark chocolate over any other. Chocolate and popcorn together, the best. Thanks for reading it all. Have a great week.
You, too. And yes, I’m partial to dark chocolate as well…
Congratulations, Lori! 🙂
Thank you, Sloan.
Comments are closed.