I received this in an email at just the time I needed it in my life. In case it suits anyone else’s life at this time, I’m sharing it here. Please check back on Monday, June 18 for another free memoir read.
1) Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2) When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3) Life is too short – enjoy it anyway.
4) Your job won’t take care of you when you’re sick, your friends and family will.
5) Pay off your credit cards every month.
6) You don’t have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7) Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8) It’s okay to get angry with God. He can take it.
9) Save for retirement, starting with your first paycheck.
10) When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11) Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12) It’s okay to let your children see you cry.
13) Don’t compare your life to others, you have no idea what their journey is about.
14) If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15) Everything can change in the blink of an eye, but don’t worry, God never blinks.
16) Take a deep breath, it calms the mind.
17) Get rid of anything that isn’t useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18) It’s true … whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19) It’s never too late to be happy, but it’s all up to you and no one else.
20) When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21) Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22) Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23) Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24) The most important sex organ is the brain.
25) No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26) Frame every worry with these words, “In five years will this matter?”
27) Choose life and really live.
29) What other people think of you is none of your business.
30) Time heals just about everything. Give time, time.
31) However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32) Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33) Believe in miracles.
34) God loves you because of who God is. Not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35) Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36) Growing old beats the alternative … dying young.
37) Your children get only one childhood.
38) All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39) Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40) If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41) Envy is a waste of time.
42) The best is yet to come …
43) No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45) Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.